- Students are to report to school at 7:45 a.m. dressed in the school uniform
- Monday, January 22 - February 5 - Valentine's Day Carnation and Chocolate Gram purchase
- Thursday, January 30, 2018 - Leland STEM Exhibition - 9:00 am-12:00 pm - Room 104
- Tuesday, September 5 - Classes begin
- Monday, October 10 - High School applications for Chicago Public Schools opens. Begin to complete eligibility program application forms. Visit go.cps.edu to learn more. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Connolly at 773-534-6340.
- Thursday, October 5 - Special Local School Council (LSC) meeting starting at 3:30 pm.
- Thursday, Oct 5 - Open House meeting on 4:00 pm-6:00 pm, there is a special 8th grade parent meeting from 5:00 pm-6:00 pm in the Mustang Auditorium.
- Friday, October 6 - Mid-term Quarter 1
- Friday, October 6 - progress report distribution for the first marking period
- Monday, October 9 - Columbus Day
- Wednesday, October 18 - High School Fair grades 5th-8th, 3:30 pm-5:30 pm, 1st floor main building.
- Wednesday, November 15 - Parent-Teacher Conference Day (Report Card Pick-Up)
- Wednesday, November 22 to Friday, November 24 - Thanksgiving Break - Schools are closed
- Monday, December 25, 2017 to Friday, January 5, 2018 - Winter Vacation - Schools are closed
- Monday, January 8 - Students return from Winter Break
- Monday, January 8 - Progress report distribution
- Monday, January 15 - No School - Dr. Martin Luther King Holiday
- Friday, February 2 - School Improvement Day - No School
- Monday, February 5 - 3rd Quarter begins
- Friday, February 9 - Student report cards will be sent home
- Monday, February 19 - Presidents Day - No School
- Wednesday, February 27 - Black History Assembly
- Monday, March 26 - 30 - Spring Break